Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Black & White (Part 2)

Just to clear the confusion. A lot of people having been asking Mommy is the black & white pictures were digital or retouched. No... No... Mommy has been working really hard. I swear. I rarely see her these days. Mommy took an entire roll of black & white film. Mommy learnt the trade of developing film the old fashion way. You know??? (I didn't know until Mommy explained it).

Mommy is in the darkroom where she fumbles in the dark (ha.. ha.. I thought that was funny) and loads the film into a canister to be processed. Mommy then gets to play with some chemicals to wash the film so it can developed. Mommy can't remember the names of the chemicals.

Mommy again then walk into another darkroom to do the printing. Again it's all guess work. Mommy can't really see anything in the dark. Mommy does the enlargement on a special photographic paper and washes it with more chemicals. This is the time when the magic happens. The picture appears out of nowhere. Mommy said it's really cool to watch the pictures develop. In the dark?? Come one, Mommy you're kidding right?

I hope this answers all the doubts people had about my Mommy's talent and creativity (Mommy promised me a new toy if I wrote nice things about her again).

4 comments:

  1. your mommy sure knows how to bribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Ann : Yeah! I've got it all worked out with Mommy. I've got her wrapped up under my fingers. Don't tell her that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool... Photography sure sounds like fun (in a peaceful, quiet kind of way...)

    PS: Tell your mommy her compositions are lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks aunt anusha. i'll let Mommy know when I need to bribe her for something :)

    ReplyDelete