Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Shoddy and Tainted Products

Mommy's Post

Lately there are been a lot talk about the shoddy products especially toys coming from China. It worries me a lot there are so many of these products which are cheaply produced and sold all over the world. At first it was one product and the list just kept growing.

Buying anything for Vikram these days has been on high priority list. I check labels to see where it is made and what is contains. It's scary enough that these shoddy products are readily available anywhere. Reading articles about it on the Internet and newspaper doesn't help me worry less. It just stresses me out not knowing what Vikram could be exposed to. Should I be taking away all his toys just because I'm afraid?

This is one the news (Click on it! I'm sure it's worth reading) and another news (almost similar stories but this one is in the US) which made me even more worried than before. As a new parents I guess sometimes I worry too much. Every aspect is scrutinized and over-analyzed.

Christmas is approaching and I'm sure Vikram will be receiving a lot of toys as gifts. I really hope everyone will read the labels and make sure it's safe for any kid to play with. My heart goes out to every parent who has to deal this inconvenience for now. I can't bear the thought of telling any kid not to play with his/her favorite toy just because someone decided to be cheap and use illegal chemicals to cut cost and make more profit.

1 comment:

  1. yes, its nice reading about mommy once inawhile vikram.you must pester ur mommy to write more...:)

    ReplyDelete